8 February 2011

never let me go...


Haunting yet beautiful...

On the flight back to New York I watched this film and wound up crying my heart out! 
It's such an incredible film, from the scenery to the acting to the lighting everything
is believable and chilling. The story itself is based on the book by Kazuo Ishiguro,
its thought provoking and fascinating. 

Ruth (Keira Knightley), Kathy (Carey Mulligan) and Tommy (Andrew Garfield)
 all go to a seemingly idyllic boarding school in the English countryside,
and the film follows them as they grow up and learn their fate. 
I won't say anymore as I think probably the less you know before you watch
the film the better, I'd heard of it but knew little about the plot and within 5 minutes
was completely immersed in it.

It's out in England on 11th February and is truly worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment