22 June 2011

fresh meat...

Ok so after a month of uni/work free life- which has revolved around the
sofa/sunlounger with TV/book... exciting I know.

Anyway now that I've recovered from THREE DEADLINES ON ONE DAY(!!) 
I've been paying more attention to models, don't ask my why before I thought they were
an integral yet interchangeable part of the fashion industry but now after seeing the
gazillionth cover with Kate Moss I want to see NEW FACES!

So here are some of my current faves...



Bambi (real name Stephanie) Northwood Blyth


Harpers Bazaar Spain May 2011

These are the first images I saw of her (here) and needless to say she stuck out...
those eyebrows are incredible! Added to the name and the face makes her
memorable.

Originally from Australia, a tattoo of Bambi on her wrist and the biggest eyebrows since
Charlie from Busted. She's done campaigns for Pepe Jeans and CK One, walked for
Chanel, Emanuel Ungaro and Loewe, had 3 Harpers covers and done shoots for Vogue,
LOVE, i-D and V magazine.

Most recently I've seen her on the cover of another Harpers- this time June July 2011.
The styling is so simple which means the focus is really all about her and the photography,
roll on a Calvin Klein contract!






Arizona Muse



Vogue might not chose generic choices for their covers but in their July 2011
issue there was Arizona, gorgeous and everywhere this season.
Another memorable name... and face.

Campaigns for Prada and Yves Saint Laurent, editorials for numerous Vogues,
 LOVE, Dazed & Confused, W, Numero and V magazine. AND she's walked for Tom Ford, 
Chanel, Valentino, Miu Miu, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, John Galliano, Dior, YSL,
Prada and Balenciaga... phew I'm tired just typing all of those.

Anyway if you haven't seen her where have you been! She's everywhere and
well worth a look for (check out her profile here), stunning editorials for the best in the
industry something not to be missed.


Polaroid




Her S/S 201 campaigns for Prada and YSL


Below is an editorial she did for Stern Magazine May 2011 shot by Peter Lindbergh
-some of my favourite shots of the year, absolutely stunning!






Saskia de Brauw


French Vogue March 2011


Polaroid Summer 2010


A while back I posted Coeur a Corps Perdu editorial from Vogue Paris which featured Saskia.
I loved the editorial and she was stunning in it. I saw her again on Grazias website (here)
and found out she was 29, a muse for Donatella (thanks to the Vogue editorial which was
Carine Roitfeld's last issue), walked for Chanel's 2012 Resort collection and has 
campaigns for Givenchy and Versace.



Versace Fall/Winter 2011





Vogue l'ete 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment