(asos dress, h&m jacket, primark sandals, bag from italian market)
Trying to find some photographs to sum up Versailles is as it turns out bloody difficult. If you ever get a chance to go grab it with both hands! It's an incredible place one I've wanted to visit since the first time I hear about Marie Antoinette on Blue Peter many a moon ago.
Excuse the lack of images of what I was wearing- I managed to chuck a drink over the top half of the dress and sleeves of the jacket. So Versailles was incredible everything I'd hoped although I spent the whole time trying to get my head around the fact that people actually lived there. Everything is ornate and beautifully decorated/carved/made, no detail too small. It's such an inspiring place and blinking huge! Now I want to know all about the people who called it home... lucky them. Or not as the case maybe.
1. Grand entrance
2. A lock and door
3. Queens bedchamber- where Marie Antoinette escaped from the rioting crowd
4. Hall of statues of Kings and Queens
5. French doors (or just doors?) and handle
6. Another fantastic hall with statues, how did they find their way around and not get lost?
7. Lights (duh) one of a gazillion which were all beautiful with stunning details
8. View from the gigantic gardens
9. Door handle- these were an obsession of mums in Paris
10. Petit Trianon -yes this is the small one there's also the Grand Trianon
11. View of Marie Antoinette's Hamlet from the Petit Trianon- last photo before camera died
et voila Versailles in 11 pics... basically think luxury, extravagance and detailing... and lots of it!
*Marie Antoinette never actually said let them eat cake, it was printed in a newspaper for effect and to stir up the publics dislike of the royal family.