23 October 2011

riding through the woods...

I've finally been to Sherwood Forest, it only took a year.

Mum came to visit with Monty so we took him for a walk there and followed one of the trails. It was a perfect day for it, sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Got to admit there are some very old tree's (one's 500 years old... but it's being held up -seems kind of like cheating to me) and it's a lovely place to go but I won't be rushing back. Maybe I'm spoilt for woods and greenery at home, but somehow it's not the same when you've got to follow a path and map. Way bigger fan of wondering about making it and guessing -not in a big wood obviously.
Anyway it's still a beautiful place and I did take some pictures but mum brought the wrong lead so I'll upload them when I'm next home. The above images are from the best Robin Hood film (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves 1991, it might be as old as me but it is amazing even if you just watch it for Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham -watch it!) and a Harper's Bazaar shoot showing Carolina Herrera's A/W 2008 Robin Hood-esque collection... got to love a good feathered hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment